Inmedius is a growing company. Much of our growth and success is due to the caliber of people we employ. Our employees share common core values of integrity, motivation, teamwork and a commitment to excellence. This creates a professional, invigorating workplace where personal growth and learning are everyday experiences, new ideas are constantly shared and nurtured, and everyone succeeds together.
We are always looking for qualified, like-minded individuals. So if you're a talented professional and share our values — consider Inmedius.
Director Software Engineering will manage and direct highly technical team of multi-discipline software professionals developing, scheduling and testing complex applications in various technologies. Experience within CMMI environment deploying commercial software for business users, and a strong technical background required in .NET or J2EE environments. Must provide tactical direction to department in order to achieve strategic goals in coordination with business direction. Must develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives. Provide oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- 5+ years in a management role leading a team of engineers.
- Ensure adherence of the applications software engineering group to consistent processes, standards, and total quality practices in all activities.
- Plan, lead, assign, supervise and control activities related to software design and development.
- Ability to interpret project schedules which identify time frames for key project deliverables and identify project resource requirements.
- Ability to be highly effective in an environment where changing priorities and requirements are the norm.
- Set clear objectives for direct reports and compare deliverables against objectives.
- Proactively manage quality assurance processes with responsive actions.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on project status, as well as forecast of personnel utilization.
- Understands role of production manager versus engineering manager.
Technical & Commercial Responsibilities
- Create efficiency and accountability in the development process.
- Deliver finished, high quality software products to achieve delivery dates.
- Apply subject matter expertise, in-depth technical and theoretical knowledge and experience to diagnose and resolve complex problems.
- Manage quality assurance and product development teams to provide high quality product solutions.
- Utilizes metrics to measure project and individual performance, initiate improvement activities, and ensure project success.
- Participate in the analysis and development of business requirements.
- Schedule, cost, and evaluate personnel options.
- PMBOK experience a plus.
Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Business with strong software background or a related field of study required. The right individual will have 10+ years of experience working in a product development environment. US persons status due to government contract requirements.
Submit your application today »
Inmedius, a Boeing Company, is seeking to expand our product support staff with a qualified Europe-based individual who will perform a variety of technical support activities in order to maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction, improve the quality of our products, and provide continuous feedback to our product managers. The Customer Support/Training Engineer will join a highly professional and technical team of software customer support experts, supporting a global customer base on complex technical publication software systems as well as performing sales engineering tasks. The role also involves customer training and consultancy tasks.
- Provide telephone, e-mail and web-based customer support to users of Inmedius software products.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of customer problems and document resolution in the product support database system.
- Provide day-to-day customer support and supplemental customer training for Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Support customer installs.
- Coordinate with developers to resolve issues requiring software updates and track their resolution in the product support database system.
- Perform software installations and testing to validate specific customer deployment configurations, issues and associated performance.
- Develop and refine customer support documentation for all products based upon frequent customer support issues.
- Monitor the performance of deployed software systems and proactively determine possible enhancements.
- Experience with S1000D and ATA, and a strong technical documentation background.
- Technical publishing knowledge: XML, SGML and related publishing concepts and tools.
- Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users regarding computer software applications.
- Experience installing and configuring operating systems, especially Windows systems; Experience with UNIX/Linux a plus.
- Basic understanding of computer networking including common protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.), as well as network hardware such as firewalls, proxy servers and cache servers.
- Advanced communication skills in English, in both conversation and writing; German and French would be beneficial.
Submit your application today »
Inmedius, A Boeing Company, is a software product and service organization based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with operating locations throughout the United States, and in the United Kingdom and India. We pride ourselves with having the best and the brightest talent to ensure that our solutions are designed, tested and built with the highest standards of performance and reliability. Java software developer positions are available within our operation’s Program Services Division supporting the Naval Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Technology Division (NAVEODTECHDIV) located near Indian Head, Maryland. We are looking to expand our technical staff with J2EE Application Developers who will build Java software applications and portlets for use in advanced systems that support Joint EOD operations worldwide.
- Support development of GOTS software products using the following technologies:
- J2EE architecture (JSP, Servlets, Html, AJAX, etc.)
- Web application architecture / Web application development
- RDBMS (Oracle)
- User Interface Design Frameworks (i.e., STRUTS, Spring MVC and JSF).
- Perform modular subsystem decomposition and component-based software design.
- Perform object-oriented analysis and design using software engineering practices and current modeling tools such as UML.
- Perform unit testing on Java software components and integration testing on Java applications.
- Help develop and refine standards for software lifecycle management, including design, development, documentation and issue tracking.
- Strong computer science background – must demonstrate outstanding programming ability.
- 3+ years working with Java / J2EE Model-View-Controller (MVC) Web application development.
- Minimum 5 years experience in software/web development.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related technology field. An additional 4 years of experience can be substituted for degree requirement.
- Strong communication, technical writing and organizational skills.
- United States citizenship, due to government requirements.
- Current US DoD Secret or higher clearance.
- Familiarity with all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Capacity to multi-task as well as conduct in-depth focused tasking.
- Strong sense of ownership for assigned tasks.
- Understanding of Object Oriented concepts, design patterns, and modern application frameworks.
- Experience using the Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP).
- Experience using JUnit.
Submit your application today »